About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Admire John McPhee, Bill Bryson, David Remnick, Thomas Merton, Richard Rohr and James Martin (and most open and curious minds)

18.1.05

God Redux

While I by no means wish to trivialize the enormous suffering caused by the recent Tsunami, I am intrigued that is has engendered much discussion on the subject of God supernaturally intervening in the natural process of life. Those of you who read this journal know my view on that subject. If God wants to intervene in my life, let me suggest that he/she/it commence by removing the excess weight from my otherwise beautiful body. After that God may luxuriate me with a cornucopia of various material goods. Alas I think not, but here Paul Johnson gives his own wisdom to the subject.Untitled Document

No comments: