About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Admire John McPhee, Bill Bryson, David Remnick, Thomas Merton, Richard Rohr and James Martin (and most open and curious minds)

18.1.18

Pooh

12 Most Beloved A.A. Milne Quotes to Take You Back to the Hundred Acre Wood

Posted by Hayley on October 14, 2015

A.A. Milne's first volume of Winnie-the-Pooh stories was published 89 years ago today. To celebrate the anniversary of our favorite hungry hero, we've uncovered the top Pooh quotes* on Goodreads. If you've got a rumbly in your tumbly for sweet Hundred Acre Wood wisdom, then you've come to the right place.


1. "Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. 'Pooh!' he whispered. 'Yes, Piglet?' 'Nothing,' said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. 'I just wanted to be sure of you.'"

2. "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

3. "Some people care too much. I think it's called love."

4. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."

5. "Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.."

6. "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"

7. "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."

8. "I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen."

9. "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

10. "Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."

11. "'How do you spell love?'
'You don't spell it…you feel it.'"

12. "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day."


What's your favorite Winnie-the-Pooh quote? Share it with us in the comments!
*While all the Pooh quotes above are attributed to A.A. Milne by Goodreads members, a few did originate from the Disney version.

No comments: